15.9.10

reason 1096743845

Yesterday evening I got a text from a guy who's in grade 7, and part of my "dream team" at DGKids. I've had the privilege of watching this student grow from a young boy in elementary, to now a fabulous young man with incredible leadership skills.

It's not out of the ordinary for him to text myself or husband, as we have quite the relationship with him although yesterday's text message was slightly different. Normally our texting will begin with either my husband and I sending a quick message asking how his day is going after feeling a bit of "nudge" to do so. But yesterday he was the one who initiated the texting. Why? Because he had exciting news to share!!!

Romans 12:15a states: "Rejoice with those who rejoice..." and I'm pretty sure that's why he sent me the message in the first place! Knowing that Matt & I would definitely without a doubt rejoice with him.

And that is just another reason why I love what I do!

No comments: