5.7.10

intentional connections

I remember while at college hearing the following words come out of Lee Bruns mouth many times: "show me your friends, and I'll show you your future."

I don't know that I fully I understood those words at the time; I was young(er), and truly felt as though I was invincible. Surely I had a larger affect on the lives of those around me, then they had on my life. And although I do believe my life can have an impact on the lives around me, I'm starting to realize how important it is to be intentional about those you surround yourself with.

I've come to realize that you do in fact begin to become like those you spend most of your time with. And in realizing that, I realize that I have an incredible opportunity to influence those around me. And in the same breathe, I realize that I have another incredible opportunity to be influenced by those around me.

Proverbs 27:17 states the truth: "As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another."

Being intentional about relationships is the key.

No comments: