26.1.10

family

  • a group of people related to one another by blood or marriage
  • a person or people related to one and so to be treated with a special loyalty or intimacy

I have a soft spot in my heart towards family, I always have. I was brought up in a home where family was always priority. Be it immediate, or extended, family always came first while I was living in my parents home. As a result, now an adult, not too much has changed.

This Saturday I will be heading up to Calgary for a few short hours with my mother-in-law. We plan to leave early-ish, and will be back before dinner. Why spend four hours in a car for a mere 3 hours you ask? Because Matt's cousin Shawna from Australia is in Calgary and a wedding shower is being held for her. A four hour drive is a measly price to pay for family.

Family is where it all begins, and where it all ends.

No comments: