12.1.10

Fake, Real or Faith

Quite a few months ago I was having a conversation with someone from my church. She made a statement about something had been said on the pulpit. The person who had preached that Sunday had made a comment about putting a smile on your face even when the situation is difficult (I think...I actually wasn't there since I spend most Sunday's with children). The comment the person from my church made in reference to this was that when they're having a crappy day, they just want to have a crappy day. They don't want to have to "fake" their way through the situation.

This thought has been rolling around in my head since the conversation.

Personally, I crave people who are genuine. Those who are real about the very real struggles/situations/circumstances/issues they face. I'm pretty sure we all know some plastic people (I'm not talking about those who have been made plastic through surgery!). Although they SEEM to have it all together, there's something very unattractive about these individuals as they hide behind an image.

And yet, there are those who are so very real that you can't help but wonder if they're suicidal. Every situation sends them into depressive state, or into an angry fit.

And yet somewhere in between the two there's what I believe is faith. It's being honest about a very real situation, and yet having faith that things will get better. And that's where putting a smile on your face comes in.

I truly believe that every single situation I find myself in, that there's a very big God in control of it, and as a result, I can't help but smile.

There's those who are fake, those who are real, and those who choose faith...I'll pick faith.

No comments: