18.11.08

dream bigger!

I recently read a blog by a friend of mine (check it out here) that encouraged/challenged me with where I'm at.

As a young adult I look at my life and can't help but feel content. I'm married to an incredible man, not only is he my best friend, but he has been almost since the day we met in grade 10 (I don't have any problem (YET) saying that that was over 7 years ago). I spent my first two years out of high school studying at a college in Australia where I made incredible friendships and really "found myself". For the past two years I've been working at my dream job, and often get referred to as a "successful college student," since I am in fact working in the field I was trained in. My husband has great job that he loves where he continually sees favor, as he makes advances that are very rare for someone of his age. We're in the final stages of having our first home built and eagerly await our move in date (within the next few weeks!).

If you would have told me 5 years ago when I graduated from high school, that this would be my life I likely would have laughed at you. Although I'm essentially living in my dream world from high school, I never thought I would be living it so soon after graduating from college. Yet here I am...but where to now?

The challenge then comes to dream bigger!

Maybe its time to stop thinking about what I WANT and rather about what I CAN DO. Thank God there's more to my life then what I've achieved to this point. I know there's more in me to give. I know there's untapped potential in my life.

And so my dreams have and are expanding...

are yours?

No comments: