16.9.08

decisions, decisions, decisions

This week I've got some decisions to make. Some of them are pretty small in the grand scheme of things like: what paint colours will I choose for our house, what kind of flooring will I got with, what will I get my father-in-law for his birthday (ps:I welcome suggestions ;) ). Other decisions are slightly more important like: what things will I dedicate my time to this fall, what things will I dedicate my time to this fall, what things will I dedicate my time to this fall (can you tell I have too many things on my plate and not enough time?).

Through all this decision making though I believe that God has a lesson for me (I'm expecting a lesson this time...there always seems to be one in there somewhere, this way I won't be completely surprised).

I remember waiting for my college application to go through a few years back and thinking to myself one morning about how anxious the whole situation was making me. Being the crazy children's ministry fanatic that I am, naturally a children's song came to mind. I have these great CD's that are Bible verses put to songs for kids. The song 'Philippians 4:6' came to mind (Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.)

I'm finding myself in that anxious state again. I realize that unfortunately I only have 24 hours in my day, which means I need to prioritize and stop sweating the small stuff. As well, prayer is key, a little (or not so little) detail I far too often overlook.

And so on this Tuesday, I'm making the decision to stop worrying about all the decisions I have to make, and rather 'present my requests to God,' knowing that there is no reason to 'be anxious about anything.'

No comments: