19.8.08

in my world...

...it's all about the kids.

I've been really challenged over the past few months to re-examine how I act out what I confess with my mouth.

I think it's really easy as an adult to say that the next generation is going to do greater things then what this generation has done. And it's really easy to say that the next generation is the future. And it's really easy to say that the next generation has so much potential. It's really easy to say a lot of things, but unless I put actions to what I'm saying...what am I really saying?

What am I as an individual doing to give the next generation the resources to do greater things then my generation? What am I doing to make sure the next generation actually does something great in the future? What am I doing to invest into the next generation's potential?

I attend (and work at) a church where we say a lot of really great things about what God is doing to do in and through the children and youth...but at the end of the day I'm left asking myself, what are we doing to make this possible?

I've been challenged to make sure I'm doing all that I can to empower the next generation. I've been challenged to earnestly pray for the next generation...not just in my community, but worldwide. I've been challenged to invest, and invest, and invest, and invest in as many ways as I possibly can.

I really do believe in the next generation. And I really do want to see them do great things...

therefore I'm going to do something.

I'm just still trying to figure out the how and when...

And as long as our culture continues to change I believe that I'll be in the place of trying to figure out the how.

No comments: