5.9.07

I'm pretty sure that...

it all comes down to where your focus is.

In 2 Samuel 11 it talks about David and Bathsheba. The first verse of this chapter says: "In the spring, the time when kings go off to war, David sent Joab out with the king's men and the whole Israelite army. They destroyed the Ammonites and besieged Rabbah. But David remained in Jerusalem." (NIV)

Now sure, David is the king, and typically kings can do whatever they like, BUT it was spring "the time when kings go off to war."

I'm just speculating here, but I think that this was the point where David lost focus. This is where he took his eyes off of what God had called him to do and decided to be more concerned with what was most comfortable and enjoyable for himself. And this is where he screwed up massively and basically David's rule is all downhill from here.

It's funny though, in my personal life, when I take my eyes off of what God has called me to do and begin focusing on myself, that's when everything goes downhill.

Matthew 6:33 says: "But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well." [sidenote: this is in red letters = spoken by Jesus = absolute truth]

Therefore I've come to the conclusion that as long as I'm focused on my King and what I believe He's asking me to do I'll be alright.

It's all about your focus.

What are you focused on?

No comments: