27.8.07

Making the bed.

I recently got a bit short with someone who shared my bed with me.

I had gotten up early in the morning to go to work, and when I came home later a night ready to go to bed I was shocked and a bit upset to find my bed in a complete mess. It probably didn't help that there were clothes on the floor and I was really tired, a bit emotional and on the verge of being super cranky.

Now that I think about it, I'm a bit ashamed that I was so upset about something so stupid. I mean it's a bed and five minutes after I got upset about it, I had crawled into it to make it even more messy.

As I think about it now pondering why I was so angered by my bed not being made (other then the fact that I was exhausted) and this is what I have come up with:

1. I like things to be neat and organized. It's not very often you'll find me working in chaos (or living for that matter).
2. Have you ever noticed that even when a room is messy (as mine has been this week because of extremely late nights and early mornings) if the bed is made it looks a little cleaner.
3. Because sometimes I forget that everyone is not like me, and that this delightful person that I do actually love very very much, who I'm so happy to have in my life, is still just as delightful even though we don't agree on beds being made.

3 comments:

michael lewis said...

Who is sharing your bed with you??

Michael is confused.

Anonymous said...

her mom...lol

catherine jayne said...

it was my sister!